Thankyou for installing ColorfulTabs!
Important notice for Firefox Upgrade: With the release of new Firefox Quantum 57, the old version of colorfulTabs no longer works.
- To continue to use the existing version of ColorfulTabs, please use Firefox ESR. The version of ColorfulTabs is fully compatible with this version of Firefox. You can download the compatible legacy version of ColorfulTabs.
- To use a ColorfulTabs with the new Firefox Quantum 57, please manually install the webextension. It's a fresh new release and will see rapid development and automatic updates in the coming days. Please install it so that you don't miss the new features and auto-updates.
Additionally ColorfulTabs is also available for Google Chrome and can be downloaded here. Thank you so much for your support.
- Powerful utility features to enhance tab functionality and usage.
- Fixed broken links to help and documentation.
- Fixed some styling bugs in the options box.
- Updated the first-run page for a better user-experience.
- Fixed a styling bug on MacOSX .
- Fixed the addon icon inline with the redesigned AMO.
- Ability to set quick flags for tabs.
- Updated the addon options dialog.
- Fixed broken links to support forums.
- Updated link to support forums.
- Fixed the first-run routine.
- Updated the pointers to Stripe Generator and Polka Dot Generator.
- Fixed: Tab-Label color setting would not take effect on startup.
- Fixed some major issues with the styling and usability of minified tabs.
- Options panel now has a dedicated area for settings focused on Current Tab Highlighting.
- Fixed tab styling on the mac.
- Fixed first-run routine.
- Better start-up performance.
- Better tab context menu.
- Additional features in tab context menu.
- Enhanced colorpicker.
- Removed redundant functions.
- Added "Open New Tab Here" option for enhanced utility.
- Options window customized to fit to lower resolutions.
- Customizable round tabs with border radius.
- Fixed a bug wherein new blank tabs would not take a color sometimes.
- Now Firefox internal urls can also be colored by setting a domain preference.
- Fixed a bug wherein compatibility with FF 29 was broken.
- Updated for Firefox 30.
- Fixed a bug wherein CT Stack was showing up at wrong location on Windows.
- Better compatibility for Mac OSX on Firefox 29 Australis.
- Fixed styling issues with Firefox 29 Australis.
- Fixed pinned-tabs issues with Firefox 29 Australis.
- Fixed compatibility with Firefox 29 Australis.
- Tab highlighting opacity is now CSS based to reduce CPU load.
- Fixed a bug wherein the UI wasn't reflecting the status of the preferences.
- Implemented customizable color palette for coloring scheme 1.
- Fixed a bug in the colorpicker that wouldn't allow to type in color manually.
- Updated links to the current ones in the Troubleshooting & Help tabs and removed older ones.
- Added keyboard shortcuts in ColorfulTabs's context menu for enhanced usability.
- Fixed a bug when Add Domain Color would not show in the ColorfulTabs's context menu.
- Fixed minify preference not affecting all windows.
- Added Minify preference to the Options window.
- Fixed Minify styling for selected tab when way too many tabs are open.
- Added the ability to reset ColorfulTabs preferences for troubleshooting purposes.
- Code updated for supporting Firefox 24 ESR. The minimum Firefox version supported is 13.
- Replaced all instances of nsIPrefBranch2 with nsIPrefBranch for supporting Firefox 24 ESR.
- A new UI for picking colors. Thanks to Stilez for his contribution!
- New: Ability to set tabs to mini mode. Now you can see more tabs without scrolling. And you can enable or disable it via a preference or the tab-context-menu.
- Feature to add domain preset from tab's context menu.
- Added compatibility for OSX and Linux.
- Fixed several layout issues with the preferences window.
- Added the option of coloring the tabs on-demand.
- Fixed support-forums link.
- New section for developmental preferences & extra features.
- Better labeling for some options & other labeling changes.
- Fixed compatibility with FF 24.
- Fixed some CSS that may make CT slower.
- Added preference for tab highlighting.
- Fixed styles on Mac.
- Fixed options box on Mac.
- Other code improvements.
- Ability to highlight the current selected tab on hover.
Tabs are the primary power of Mozillian browsers. A single user session consists of tens of tabs. What if each tab could be colored to add a unique identification? That would differentiate them from each other. It may even indicate which site a particular tab has open. This small idea evolved into ColorfulTabs. It is now everyone’s favourite and an essential requirement. I spend a lot of time and effort developing this addon, keeping it updated, adding features, providing free technical support, running a forum and a website and doing everyday things that can’t be mentioned. I love doing this and feel satisfaction in the fact that something created by us is so much appreciated.
What’s next for ColorfulTabs
ColorfulTabs is evolving. I plan to add a lot of features as I receive in the support forums. If there's a feature you like just head on to the support forums.
Features and Options
- Beautiful Colors: I promise you’ll fall in love with these colors.
- Unique Hues: Unique hues help you easily differentiate between various tabs and intuitively remember each tab. It’s surprising to realize how it just works.
- Colouring by site domain: Colour each tab depending on its server/domain for identifying the website. You can tell which site is in which tab by just looking at the colors.
- Custom Tab-Colors: And just incase you prefer to tag the tabs with a custom color feel free to give your tabs a colour of your choice right from the context menu of the tab.
- Enhanced Tab-Highlighting: While you're styling the tabs how about some transparency effects? Fade the background tabs to as much as you want to highlight the currently selected tab. Let’s go a step further . place a beautiful background-pattern on the tab-strip for an enhanced effect!
- Easy Options: Quickly reach the ColorfulTab-preferences from the tab-context-menu. Additionally you can chose to remove the option from the tabs’ context menu.
- Scheme 1: Colors each tab using pre-selected colors in a definite order starting from the left.
- Scheme 2: Colors each tab using a unique and randomly generated color.
- Scheme 3: Colors each tab using a unique color depending on the site domain using a formula.
- Custom Shades: Allows users to fine-tune color-generation.
- Custom Domain Settings: Color your favourite site with your favourite color. Allows user to choose colors for unlimited domains.
- Advanced Options: The tech-savvy kinds can play around with luminance and saturation too.
- For The Specially Abled: Increases usability and visibility for people with visual challenges.
- Technical Support: Don’t forget – I'm always around just in case you need any assistance let it be ColorfulTabs, Firefox or anything else. Head on to the Forums for support issues, feedback or just say "Hi"!